Yavatmal is a city and a municipal council in Yavatmal district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Yavatmal is the administrative headquarters of Yavatmal district. It is around 90 km away from divisional headquarters Amravati while it is 670 km (420 mi) away from the state capital Mumbai. Yavatmal District is on 2nd position in India after Kolkata and known for its unique Navratri festival celebration, and nearly total 2,766+ durga mata is installed in the whole district. Yavatmal is known for organising huge celebration events for Navratri.
Here are some of the places to visit in Yavatmal:
- Yavatmal Fort: This fort is said to have been built by the Gond kings in the 12th century. The fort is now in ruins, but it offers panoramic views of the city.
- Shri Swami Samarth Ashram: This ashram is dedicated to Swami Samarth, a Hindu saint. The ashram is a popular pilgrimage destination.
- Navratri Festival: Yavatmal is famous for its Navratri festival. During the festival, the city is decorated with lights and there are many cultural events.
- Yavatmal Lake: This lake is a popular spot for boating and fishing.
- Pandharkawada: This town is known for its many temples, including the Vitthal Rukmini Temple.
- Yavatmal is a well-connected city. The nearest airport is at Amravati, which is about 90 km away. The city is also well-connected by rail and road.
Here are some of the things to do in Yavatmal:
Visit the Yavatmal Fort and enjoy the panoramic views of the city.
Pay your respects at the Shri Swami Samarth Ashram.
Experience the vibrant Navratri festival.
Go boating or fishing at Yavatmal Lake.
Visit the many temples in Pandharkawada.
Yavatmal is a beautiful city with a rich history and culture. It is a great place to visit for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.